Maintenance Technician Job Description
Five (5) years or more industrial mechanical & electrical maintenance experience, preferably in an automotive machining or manufacturing environment is required.
Division: MPT Muncie- Cowan
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (2) – 2nd/3rd Shift
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Description: To maintain and repair equipment in support of production; perform initial equipment mechanical installation; make minor machine modifications; perform preventative maintenance; and to keep accurate maintenance records while constantly striving towards the goal of zero machine downtime. This position will also be responsible for performing facility maintenance.
• Electrical troubleshooting of machining operations such as broaching, turning, spline rolling, gauging, washing, milling, drilling, grinding, CD and laser welding.
• Troubleshooting of automated material handling, conveyance devices and robotics.
• Experience with Fanuc robots and CNC controls, Allen-Bradley PLC’s and industrial controls, and Siemens controls as it pertains to troubleshooting machines is required. Experience in programming these is a plus.
• Knowledge of current industrial electrical standards and codes (NEC, NFPA 79).
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
• Ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints.
• General machine rebuild skills required.
• Perform predictive and preventative maintenance.
• Perform other essential duties as assigned by management
• Knowledge of industrial facility codes and practices
• Knowledge of AC motors and variable frequency drives.
• Must have experience working with conduit installation, machine supply and control wiring (24vdc to 480VAC), and industrial wiring practices.
• Basic knowledge and ability to use a personal computer.
• Minimal supervision required to make machine modifications after initial assignment and explanation of work required.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.